January 17, 2012

Wild Weather

After an early release on Thursday afternoon due to snow flurries coming in, a snow day on Friday, and a Holiday yesterday, the LAST thing I needed was to spend an hour huddled in the hall after lunch avoiding nearby tornados!!! Talk about making a wild day even wilder!

Thankfully, nothing more than some heavy rain and dark gray skies for us. It doesn’t look like other people in the state were so lucky. After a bit of a schedule arrangements, we ditched Science to get in the long overdue Social Studies test that was scheduled for Friday. This is where I’m so thankful to have a great teammate that is so flexible!

Last year I was lucky enough to be teaching in the same school that my son attended. I found myself wondering how he was doing in the “drill” today. I always loved his surprise visits to my room for snack money and what not, I find myself missing those now at my new assignment. How many of you teach at the school your children attend? How do you feel about it?

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie!!!!

    I'm a new follower - welcome to the world of blogging. Found you over at the linky party!!! :)

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete